Table of Contents
Slenahn Runa ("Slee")
- Male Slussi
- Age: 33
- Height: 6' (1.8m); average/fit build; black eyes; dark green scales & large jagged scar on tail
- Career: Explorer
- Specializations: Fringer, Archaeologist
- Soak: 3
- Wound Threshold: 16
- Strain Threshold: 14
- Defense: 0 (ranged) / 0 (melee)
|Ranged (Light) (Ag)||2|
|Ranged (Heavy) (Ag)|
|Piloting (Planetary) (Ag)|
|Piloting (Space) (Ag)||2|
|Core Worlds (Int)|
|Outer Rim (Int)||1|
- Gearhead: -1 to all Mechanic checks; 1/2 cost adding mods to attachments
- Practiced Mechanic: spend maneuver prior to Mechanic check to upgrade 1 ability die
- Galaxy Mapper: Remove from Astrogation checks. Astrogation checks take 1/2 normal time
- Street Smarts: Remove from Streetwise or Knowledge (Underworld) checks
- Rapid Recovery: When healing strain after an encounter, heal 1 additional strain
- Durable (2): May reduce any Critical Injury suffered by 20 (to a minimum of 1)
- Researcher: Remove from all Knowledge checks. Researching a subject takes 1/2 the time.
- Resolve: When involuntarily suffering straing, suffer 1 less strain (to a minimum of 1)
Weapons & Armor
X-30 Lancerblaster pistol
Ranged - Light — long Range
- heavy clothing
- emergency medpac
- tool kit
- fusion lantern
- comlink (handheld)
- emergency repair kit (19)
- stimpack (9)
- climbing gear
- restraining bolt (1)
- surveyor's bag
- stun grenades (8)
Slenahn was born on Sluis Van in 35 BBY, along with his twin sister Caslisse. They grew up in a family in which several members ventured offworld and brought back whispered stories of ancient civilizations and wonders lost to the ages. Both siblings exhibited a keen curiosity towards these tales, and devoured all the information they could ply from those returning from offworld.
Slenahn's training in the family business – specializing in droids and starship systems repairs – led him to accompany his father to Ryloth in 20 BBY to help repair & upgrade Twi'lek ships after the Battle of Ryloth. Their mission was cut short during repairs of a medical transport when [REDACTED].
After a long roundabout journey (the details of which he refuses to talk about), Slenahn returned home in 19 BBY only to find that, despite his sister's best efforts, the family business had gone bankrupt due to the combination of his father's death (and his own absence) & the economic collapse brought about by the Outer Rim Seiges. The stress had exacerbated his mother's already-fragile health, leading her to die just weeks after his return.
Having no more ties to their homeworld, Slenahn & Caslisse decided to sell of their remaining assets and leave Sluis Van to pursue their childhood dreams of exploration. The next several years were spent hopping throughout the Outer Rim, taking jobs as mechanics and pilots on ships headed towards their next area of interest. They made a modest living charting new hyperspace routes and cataloging minor lost civilizations, always looking for the next nugget of information or rumor that might lead to a breakthrough discovery… [REDACTED].
Last year (3 BBY) they were chasing down their biggest score yet: a long-lost Sluissi colony rumored to have developed unheard-of drive technology. While Slenahn scoured records planetside, Caslisse signed onto a short-term mining expedition in order to covertly scout the area. The expedition's ship never returned, and Slenahn has recently heard rumors that the expedition was a sham and the ship's captain sold the entire crew to slavery in order to pay off a long-overdue debt to a Hutt clan. He is now determined to free Caslisse (by paying off her slave debt if possible; by force if not) and seek vengeance on the expedition leader.
This mission has led him to Keyorin, where he hoped to find more information from retired smugglers about either his sister's whereabouts or of the the expedition leader. So far he has been unsuccessful about obtaining any useful knowledge, however, and is looking for a way offworld & on to the next exploration.
Slenahn has a “wanderlust/novelty” motivation, based on the time spent exploring & charting new hyperspace routes with his sister.
- Family (13): Slenahn desires to free his sister Caslisse from slavery either by paying off the debt or, if necessary, by force
- Betrayal (5): Slenahn wants to find the name & location of the captain who sold his sister to slavery and avenge her somehow