Table of Contents
Maebh Ó Sheelagh
- Female Wandering Gnome
- Career: Envoy
- Age: 20
- Height: 1.2 m
Maebh is usually smiling, with a sparkle in her green eyes. Her cascading purple hair and smooth complexion is unusually beautiful for a gnome. Her most distinctive feature, however, is her clear, musical voice.
Maebh: “the cause of great joy” or “she who intoxicates”
Sheelagh: irish form of latin Cecilia, patron saint of music
Scáthfile (her panther companion): “Shadow Poet”
- Adaptable: Her well-developed social graces and cunning provide freedom to improvise; she's fully alive when solving problems.
- Flaw - Deception: She regularly manipulates others to get what she thinks she wants.
- Wealth: Money brings freedom of choice; she also desires a life full of diverse, rich experiences and will pursue fresh opportunities.
- Deeper/Hidden Desire - Find Purpose: she has unique abilities and skills, and deep down is searching for a way to use them. She's searching for a fulfilling passion in life.
- Obscurity: She fears that her life might be meaningless or ineffective, and that she will be viewed as a stereotypical gnome. She came face to face with this fear in her vision on Mambir, an instant trigger.
|Melee Light (Br)||0|
|Melee Heavy (Br)|
|General Knowledge (Int)|
|Knowledge: Adventuring (Int)|
|Knowledge: Forbidden (Int)|
|Knowledge: Geography (Int)||1|
|Knowledge: Lore (Int)||1|
- Name: Teanga Ainmhithe
- Origin: Partially inborn, partially taught by her grandmother
- Primary Effect (Supreme): With concentration (spend 1 story point), Maebh can “engage in complex conversations with animals - it is just as effective and efficient as ordinary speech, if not better.”When activated, automatically gain three important pieces of information: 1 relevant to the current encounter, 1 relevant to the current session, and 1 relevant to the current adventure/campaign.
- Secondary Effect: Empowered. + to my skill checks while active.
- Secondary Effect: Rejuvenation: heal 2 strain at the beginning of each turn during the Ability
- Story. Reduces the cost to activate by 1. It's getting easier.
Talents / Skills / Abilities
- Species ability: Tricksy - Once per encounter, spend a story point to produce a previously undocumented small item (>2 encumbrance, >5 rarity) from a pocket, bag, pouch, nearby windowsill, passing cart, or other convenient location - no logical explanation necessary. Can only be a weapon if it has the Limited Ammo 1 quality.
- Knack for It (Rank 1): Remove from all Charm checks
- Grit (Rank 1): +1 Strain Threshold
- Toughened (Rank 1): +2 Wound Threshold
- Quick Draw: Once per round on character's turn, may draw/holster an easily accessible weapon/item as an incidental (and reduces Prepare rating of any weapon by 1, min. 1)
- Second Wind (Rank 1): Once per encounter, heal 1 strain as an incidental
- Let's Ride: Once per round, may mount/dismount as an incidental. If she falls from a vehicle/mount, she suffers no damage and lands on her feet
- Precision: Use Cunning instead of Agility for Range or Brawl checks.
- Signature Spell: - when casting Augment: Haste, Additional Targets, Range.
- Bard: Verse & Lore become career skills
- Second Wind (Rank 2): Heal 1 additional strain as incidental.
- Inspiring Rhetoric: Leadership check: 1 short range ally heals 1 strain per ; one affected ally heal 1 additional strain per
- Lucky Strike: After a successful combat check, spend 1 story point to increase the damage by 4 (Presence). (She can tell by reading body language or understanding the enemy's psychology exactly where it's going to hurt most…)
- Counteroffer: Action - Once per session, your character may use this talent to choose one non-nemesis adversary within medium range and make an opposed Negotiation versus Discipline check. If successful, the target becomes staggered until the end of their next turn.
- At your GM’s discretion, you may spend on this check to have the adversary become an ally until the end of the encounter. However, the duration of this may be shortened or extended depending on whether your GM feels your offer is appealing to the adversary and whether your character follows through on their offer!
- Animal Companion (Rank 1): Create a bond with a single animal (sil. 0), which follows your character and you dictate the animal's overall behaviour (but is not “dominated”). May spend 1 maneuver per round to direct the animal (within medium range) to perform 1 maneuver & 1 action.
- Natural Performer: Once per session, re-roll one skill check that uses either Deception or Leadership
- Improved Inspiring Rhetoric: Allies affected by Inspiring Rhetoric receive for 3 rounds (= to Leadership)
- Dodge: Out of Turn Incidental: spend 1 strain to upgrade incoming attack checks by 1
- Animal Companion (Rank 2): Animal grows to Silhouette 1.
- Conduit: Once per encounter, spend 1 Story Point to perform a Magic action as a maneuver.
- Improved Signature Spell: Reduce the difficulty of the check by 2 instead of one. (Augment: Haste, Additional Targets, Range)
- Ruinous Repartee: 1/encounter - Charm or Coercion check vs Discipline of target in medium range (earshot). Success = target suffers 8 strain + ; heal character strain equal to strain inflicted.
- Master Singer: Once per round, suffer 2 strain to reduce the difficulty of Verse checks by 2 (minimum )
Weapons & Armor
- Dagger: A simple gnomish weapon with a carved hilt, discovered in a storeroom in Smallwater. Apparently she was not the first gnomish Envoy to be enslaved and brought to this continent. It reminds her of home, and she's not sure if that's a good thing…
- Padded Armor: Basically a fancy jacket that protects her vitals. She'd rather wear less restricting clothes, but it's very practical. +1 soak when worn.
- Crossbow: 'Básbogha' - the Deathbow. It was expensive due to the war, but has already proved its worth.
- Willow Lute: This beautiful, hand-crafted instrument is laminated with rare willow wood and Maebh is carving ancient gnomish runes along the sides. Adds to verse checks, and adds the “additional target” modifier at no extra difficulty
- Fine Mambir Cloak: This light, silken cloak was hand-woven by Shantese. It is colourful and woven with the symbols and runes of the Mambir tribe. - on Charm, Deception & Leadership checks
- 0 coins (gave it all to El)
- Total XP: 457
- XP Earned: 365 (339 session + 51 from 17 journal entries) updated Oct 23, 2019
- XP remaining: 4, 1 Heroic point