Source: FaD: 48, 322
- Before a session the GM should roll a d10 and compare the number on the die with the ones digit of each character's morality. If they match it triggers.
- When triggered the GM and player should both make an effort to engaged the character's emotional strength or emotional weakness (or both) in a crucial encounter or decision during that session.
- If a player's morality triggers and is successfully engaged during the session then when rolling conflict at the end double the die roll result.
Conflict is always reset to 0 at the start of a session. Players can earn conflict by:
- Using dark side results to generate Force points.
- Performing certain narrative actions.
- Generating certain results when failing a fear check.
- If failed, the PC can generate a number of conflict equal to the difficulty rating of the check.
- On a may cause the conflict generation automatically.
Conflict and Morality
- When a session is over, roll a d10 and compare the result with total Conflict earned that session.
- If the die result is less than the Conflict earned subtract die result from the Conflict and decrease Morality by that amount.
- If the die result is more than the Conflict earned subtract the Conflict from the die result and increase Morality by that amount.
- If the die result and Conflict are equal no adjustment is made.
- Dark Side Threshold
- Triggered when Morality drops below 30.
- The character generates Force points using dark side results . If you want to use light side results you must flip a Destiny Point and suffer strain equal to the number of Force points generated.
- On session start, flip one light side Destiny Point to dark.
- When Morality is below 20, decrease strain threshold by 1 and increase wound threshold by 1.
- When Morality is below 10, decrease strain threshold by another 1 (2 total) and increase wound threshold by another 1 (2 total).
- Light Side Paragon Threshold
- Triggered when Morality increases above 70.
- On session start, add one light side Destiny Point to the pool.
- When Morality is above 80, increase strain threshold by 1.
- When Morality is above 90, increase strain threshold by another 1 (2 total).